Friday, November 16, 2012

Sample Society November 2012 Box

Okay so I got my Sample Society box a few days ago but I have been super busy and this is the first time I have actually had a chance to sit down and write about it.

I know that I gave a sneak peak into the box this month, but here is my actual box.  I pay $15 a month for my Sample Society box but I seem to *usually* get bigger samples with this box.  I also get a coupon every month for $15 off on a $50 purchase.  All I have to do is include any product from one of the BRANDS that was sampled to me.

Sample Society has one of the best customer services that I have ever seen.  Last month my conditioner had leaked in my box, not ruining anything though.  I emailed them and told them about it, hoping that they would send me a new conditioner.  They sent me A WHOLE NEW BOX!  Yes, thats right, they sent me another box with all the items in it, so last month I got two boxes!  They are amazing! 

So here it is!



This month there were 5 Samples, along with a little extra in the dermalogica box.  

• Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Mist
"Is a weightless, nutrient rich mist that combines strengthening, pure Organic Bamboo with smoothing, Organic Kendi Oil to eliminate frizz, protect hair from heat styling tools, enhance shine and protect color while boosting your hair's health."  

Okay, so this says that it can be used as both a treatment and a style primer.  It infuses hair with nutrients and antioxidants, strengthens hair, protects color with color hold® technology, prevents frizz and extends the life of your smooth blowout with built in humidity resistance, and it enhances shine.  

Well, I have tried Alterna products in the past and I have liked them.  I was excited to see that we were getting another Alterna product and I am excited to use this!  Im going to try it out today and I will give a full review on it.  I think that it does smell good though!

Full Size: 4.2 fl oz $24.00
Sample Size: 1 fl oz, worth $5.71


• diego dalla palma Classic Lipstick
"Combining a maximum expression of long-lasting color and treatment, Diego Dalla Palma's Classic Lipstick provides exceptional softness and ensures an intense supply of nourishing and anti-aging factors.  This fragrance-free lipstick is rich and creamy, sliding right on for easy application."

So Im a little bit confused, the color that I got is #29 but they don't even sale it on beautybar.com.  I felt like the color was a bit umm, 12 year oldish and I don't think it is something that I would ever wear out in public.  It felt really dry going on and I felt like it made any dry spots on my lips more pronounced.  I don't think this is something that I would buy.  After having the lipstick on for awhile, my lips do feel soft and moisturized which is nice from a lipstick.

Full Size: $34.00
Sample Size: Not sure, worth around $4.00

• diptyque Volutes Eau De Toilette
"The voyage of your dreams, on board a liner from Marseille to Saigon.  A long haul crossing, stopping off at a number of places with magical names, all redolent of adventure and spice.  The charm of life on board ship, where time does not exist.  The labyrinth of polished passageways and the paneled walls of the lounges, the enigmatic elegant women leaning on the rail on the top deck, indulging in the pleasure of Khedive cigarettes.  A smell forever imprinted on the memory: Volutes."

I was super excited to be getting another diptyque perfume, I seriously am in love with the last one that we got.  But this one smells so manly to me, I sprayed it on and wished that I hadn't.  I really think that I will be putting this in my husbands cologne box.  Not for me, no, no, no.  But their Philosykos Eau de Toilette is AMAZING other than the $120 price tag!!!!

Okay so this one has notes of Iris, honey, tobacco, spices, wax, dried fruit, pink pepper, black pepper, saffron, hay, immortelle, myrrh, storax, opopanax and benzoin.  It says it is a curl of smoke. 

Full Size: 3.4 oz $120.00
Sample Size: 0.06 fl oz $2.11


• Dermalogica Precleance Oil
"Make your cleansing routine even easier with a product that works twice as hard for you.  a double cleansing regimen that begins with PreCleanse, is a plant-based cleanser that thoroughly melts layers of excess sebum, sunscreen, makeup, environmental pollutants and residual skin products that build up during the day.  Then, when water is added, this hydrophilic formula transforms into a milky emulsion that easily rinses away oil-based debris from the skin's surface.  This gentle blend can also be used around the eye area to remove even the most stubborn waterproof mascara."

I have heard of this but I have never used it.  I am really excited to use it!!  I will definitely be trying this today!

Full Size: 5.1 fl oz $35.00
Sample Size: 1 fl oz, worth $6.86

I also got a bonus I item in the box 
• dermalogical special cleaning gel
"Its anti-inflammatory properties soothe your skin and gently foam away toxins and deep clean debris which can help to bring a sparkling glow to your face."

Full Size: 8.4 oz $31.50
Sample Size: Small foil sample, probably worth $1.00

•L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream
"This beauty must have is a skin softening blend of Shea butter, honey and sweet almond extract that quenches and replenishes dehydrated skin. 20% Shea Butter base, absorbs into skin quickly for lasting hydration and antioxidant vitamin E helps to protect and nourish skin."

I love Shea butter lotions, I have put this on a few times and it does absorb super fast!  It doesn't really have a smell to it, but this will be super nice to have in the car and especially this time of year.  It also says that one is sold every 5 SECONDS!!!  Crazy!!

Full Size: 5.2 oz $28.00
Sample Size: 0.3 oz, worth $1.61


This Box is worth approx. $21.29.  Interested?  You can sign up and receive your own box every month for $15!  
use code: Makeup
Luxury Beauty Products
Buy Luxury Beauty Products
Buy Luxury Beauty Products
Excludes existing customers of BeautyBar.com, Diapers.com, Soap.com or other Quidsi sites. Restrictions apply.

What did you think of the box this month?  What items are you most excited to hear about?

XOXO Tiffany

8 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to beauty boxes lol Great post!


    New follower, follow back?

    www.simplyblushed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun!! I am on my way to check out your blog right now!!

      XOXO Tiffany

      Delete
  2. hey new follower via blog hop! loving your blog!
    would love if u would follow back
    http://xteaseflutterpoutx.blogspot.co.uk/
    lots of love
    laura
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me!! I am now following you!! Can't wait to get to know you better!

      XOXO Tiffany

      Delete
  3. I was OK with this box. I did not care for the diptyque Volutes or the color of my lipstick. LOVED the hand cream. I plan to be one of the 1 every 5 seconds. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, It wasn't my favorite box. I have heard amazing things about Dermalogica so I am excited to use that. The diptyque was horrible, horrible!!! Ugh, I am throwing that away!! I loved the hand cream too but I still don't know if I will be the one of the 1 in 5 seconds group yet ;)

      XOXO Tiffany

      Delete
  4. That was awesome of them to send another box! I have some of that hand cream and I like that it's so cold when it comes out (at least in the summer I do). :)

    I'm visiting from the Weekend Blog Walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so amazed that they sent another box!! Definitely have great customer service!!

      XOXO Tiffany

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...